Friday, February 19, 2010

food, new house thoughts

Sean just got back from a grocery run. It's so satisfying to suddenly have the problem of too much food in my kitchen. I feel so rich when I open the cabinet and see twelve cans of tomato paste. It's the little things.

I've been planning things for the new house in my mind. The kitchen there is much larger than the kitchen here, which has five square feet of counter space. We have room for a microwave, a coffee pot and a toaster and absolutely nothing else, no room to prep cook, nothing. Standing in the new kitchen is marvelous.

I'm going to take Trixie and Gilbert over there this evening, let them see it. I'm not taking Bede until we've finished the flooring changes because I don't want him to have one image in his mind and get it all confused. I don't anticipate him having much trouble with this move (well, no more trouble than a nonautistic six year old) but why take chances. Man, I am so looking forward to NOT HAVING STAIRS. While they have rocked my glutes with no effort (woohoo!) they are so dangerous. I worry daily that someone will be angrily shoved near the top of the flight and then tumble down, down in a sickening heap. Shudder! Soon, soon.

We're going to get vinyl plank flooring for the living/dining room. Stuff's badass, I tell you what. I'm willing to trade natural for waterproof, inexpensive and resilient.



No comments:

Post a Comment