Sunday, February 14, 2010

taco taco!

I made taco meat tonight without a little plastic packet of taco seasoning. For the first time I made my own. And dang, it was goooood. I modified a recipe from AllRecipes as follows:

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon minced dried onion
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

I used 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mix to 1 pound of meat. I also added a can of diced tomato and green chili. It's pretty heated, but not painfully so. If you don't add the can of tomatoes you'd want to add a half-cup or so of water. Very good! Next time a little less salt and a little more cumin. We used ground venison but I expect it would be great with pork or beef or turkey, too.


3 comments:

  1. delish!
    but your rss feed is still broken!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is? It shows up in Google Reader for me. How odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tabitha, I want to pinpoint the trouble with the RSS. Can you tell me what URL you are trying to read (it should be http://www.feebeeglee.com/atom.xml ) and what program you are using to read it?

    ReplyDelete