Tuesday, January 15, 2013

a complaint list

Not the best day here.

The teething baby - first tooth on Sunday - is unhappy, for the last four or five days. My not-quite five year old, Gloria, is in a very fragile way, emotionally. She's difficult to understand when she's upset, she mumbles, and she's upset A LOT. She is also at odds with Trixie the not-quite seven year old, who can be very difficult to get along with.

Gilbert is at an impasse in math, trying to get multiplication, and I am impatient with him. As he gets less and less sure of his answers they get more and more tentative and I get more and more irritable. I stopped today before I got mad, but biting it back made me mad internally for an hour or so.

Abby is s-l-o-o-o-w at school today. She has been doing a twenty minute history assignment for about two hours. I have an appointment for an assessment for her soon. I am certain she will fit the diagnostic criteria for SCT. What will that mean for her and us? She's my daydreamer, my girl on her own planet. I want her to be able to play to her strengths and compensate for her deficits, and a clear course of action will help her with that.

I have to pack for the move, which is okay, but the baby won't let me. I'm a little out of sorts about that. My house is a mess and it's not getting cleaner.

Yesterday, I was on the phone with my friend Tabitha in California and I said "...my brother Jonathan was at my parents' house this weekend and..." and I realized I no longer need to specify which brother is doing something because now both of my other brothers died.

I fucking hate cancer.

I think that's all.

3 comments:

  1. Hug. I hate cancer too. It is a high tide, super stressful time for you right now but the tide will go out. Things will calm, kids will kiss and make up, fears will diminish. Big deep breaths. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what a stressful day! I am sure you will get through Multiplication if you want call, we can talk ideas pick my brain and see if I have any ideas you don't know about! Cancer sucks, packing sucks and teething sucks as well as feeling out the new territory with learning differences! Hope tomorrow is smoother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much better the last few days. I really appreciate the sympathy :-)

      Delete